Friday, August 24, 2012

Life is a Highway

A BUSY Highway!

Thank goodness I did so much running last week, because I went 3 whole days this week without running! Eeeek! My lovely husband is enjoying all of the beautiful amenities in the city of Las Vegas, and I am preparing for guests this weekend. Oddly enough, when you are already busy, strange little things come up.

Monday I was on vacation and totally busy doing confidential activities. (No, nothing dirty. That sounds weird.) I may have watched Friday Night Lights for 4 hours in the morning. That's important though! My husband and I also managed to feed Baby Lo an entire jar of baby food apples, because we don't listen when the other speaks. So Monday was definitely a classic Monday.

Tuesday, I had my workout clothes at work, ready to go, and I got the call.

HottieLo: Hey babe, I just checked my Amazon shipment...
Me: Yes?
HottieLo: I accidentally had it shipped to the old house.
Me: Michael!
HottieLo: You wouldn't want to go over there and get it, would you?
Me: Not really!

So, workout was skipped, ran to get BabyLo, over to the old house, left a note on the door, and headed home to pick up my meat head before going to a visitation. Tuesday night = fail.

Wednesday night we had to run across the state line and pick up a table I ordered before my muscle man left for his vacation.

And FINALLY, after my meat head left, I was able to get in a run yesterday. I'm just kidding, I love him and miss him very much. But I really did get in a run. I did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill at work. First mile was at a small incline, second was flat. Did okay on time, nothing too crazy.

Today is another rest day because I'm going to the Chiefs game with my BFF while my parents and grandparents hang out with my teething baby. I mean technically, I'll be getting a workout in. First there is the lifting of beer to mouth, then there is the long walk through the parking lot, up the roundabout to our seats on the top level, lifting of more beers to the mouth, a long walk down the roundabout, and back through the parking lot. That doesn't even include all the trips to the bathroom!



Tomorrow we are having a celebration with family for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Holy moly!! 60 whole years! My awesome brother and sister-in-law are coming to stay with me, and I can't wait to see them! S-I-L and I are running a 5k Sunday morning while I let my brother decide if he ever wants children by watching my teething baby. Muahahaha. Sorry Dee, hopefully BabyLo doesn't scar your husband too bad!

I'm not sure what I want to get out of the race Sunday. Half of me wants to PR, the other half wants to take it easy and treat it as a training run. I suppose it depends how much meat and garlic mashed potatoes I consume Saturday night. 

What are your plans this weekend?? 
When is your next race?

~Mama Lo~

1 comment:

  1. I got a good laugh out of this post. It was so funny when we were talking about visiting and B watching the baby, he said, "I hope other people will be there with me." when I asked why he said, "because I've never been alone with a baby before." and I said, "but you want kids?!"

    Sigh......

    ReplyDelete