Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ooh you ugly, yeah yeah, you ugly

My blog that is. Can someone PLEASE redesign my blog?

In other news, there is really a lot of news to report!

1. I got a new J-O-B and that's thuper duper exciting. New chapter in life, always a good thing. It was a year ago I was losing one of the most important people in my life to cancer, and my heart was broken. Since that point, things have been just a liiiitttle rocky at points. Now my BEAUTIFUL family and I will get to start fresh a year later. Baby Lo deserves a mom and daddy who can rock their careers and come home happy campers and play with him.

2. Daddy Lo and I started P90X. What this means with an 8 month old is that we wake up at 5am to do the workouts. The hours of 5:00am to 6:30am are the only hours we can really accomplish these workouts while he sleeps. The rest of the time we have a hyper, crazy, teething, hilarious, chunky, bouncy, screaming baby. I have to admit, the P90X diet is completely necessary to boost one's energy JUST to take care of a hyper, crazy, teething, hilarious, chunky, bouncy, screaming baby! Have I ever mentioned how awesome my kid is?

3. P90X continued... I'm doing the strength workouts, but I don't want to give up my running. So rather than doing plyo and a couple of the other cardio focused workouts with good ol' Tony Horton, I'm hopping on the treadmill and running. I have some 5k's this fall, so I have to stay in tip top running shape.

It has been 2 years since Daddy Lo and I did P90X and quite frankly...we are walking bruises. But I LOVE the program. Something about having a diet and exercise program where you just check things off your list without having to put much thought into it makes me a HAPPY camper.

On the diet I have to eat a LOT. Like a lot a lot. At first it is difficult to choke down all the protein, but we are to the stage where it is really kicking the metabolism in to action. In fact, my husband's text this morning describes it perfectly. "6 egg whites and 3 pieces of bacon and I'm still hungry. Didn't even feel like I ate." EXACTLY babe. My breakfast yesterday was a protein shake, 3 oz pork chop and a protein bar. Yet when I got on the scale, wouldn't ya know the number went DOWN? 

4. The top teeth for babies are apparently very, very painful. I'm not sure who they hurt more. Baby Lo or me? Feeling completely helpless and knowing that there isn't much you can do to take your child's pain away is the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. Welcome to parenthood!

His new favorite thing to do: Stare at himself in the Ipad, lean over, and kiss that baby.
~Mama Lo~

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Go mama! I could never do P90X, but props to you for doing it! You'll be one hot mama!

    Oh, and incase you didn't get to read the blog post, I got a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to redesign your blog!

    ReplyDelete